Transtherm Castel 165-209 Bottles -3-Temp Wine Cellar Cabinet
Transtherm wine cabinets are unlike traditional refrigerators which generate an intense cold environment which could denature your vintage wines. Superior technology and quality materials go into their production which are thoroughly inspected at all stages to produce cabinets that protect your wines, while allowing them to mature properly. Transtherm wine cabinets also combine modularity and aesthetics to offer you optimal ergonomics.
This is a 3 temperature wine cabinet offered by Transtherm. This unit is designed for preserving and maturing wine bottles between 50 and 60° Fahrenheit. (6C, 12C, 18C) What makes Transtherm unique is its triple thermal barrier and sophisticated temperature control. The automatic temperature control helps keep the right temperature in a warm or cold environment. The wine will always be stored at the right temperature (due to a compressor producing cold air and due to an electric resistance producing heat. The temperature control also has a digital display.
NEW Transtherm Castel Glass Door Wine Cabinet Black Fully Shelved (#17042). The digital thermostat allows you to set and monitor your wine collection at the touch of a button. Its humidity control system not only reduces excess humidity, but also allows you to increase the humidity level by adding water to the system. The integrated heater element allows the wine cellar to be placed in extreme environments ranging from 32 to 95°F.
Transtherm Castel wine cellars have 3 temperature zones: one large compartment for wine storage, plus two smaller sections for chilling white wine and sparkling wine.
In the main compartment, fully-shelved Castels include 10 adjustable rolling shelves (12 bottles per shelf) and 1 half shelf on the bottom. Using this configuration, the wine cellar holds 165 bottles.
Placement Requirements: Castel wine cabinets require 4 inches of clearance behind the cabinets, and are designed to operate in environments ranging between 0 - 35°C / 32 - 95°F .
Unlike most other cellars, Transtherm cellars are equipped for both cooling and heating - perfect for use in colder climates or regions with a wide variation in seasonal temperatures. This cabinet includes rolling shelves in every slot.
NEW Design Improvements and Upgrades
Improved Control Panel:
The all-new digital panel provides integrated lighting control and multiple alarms with temperature and humidity alerts.
The inner material has been upgraded from thermoformed polystyrene to Aluminum.
Shelves can be adjusted to achieve the perfect height.
Transtherm wine cellars provide silent operation at 37 dBA.
Removable Door Handle:
Steel and aluminum door handle can be removed, and is reversible on glass doors.
The walls of the Transtherm Ermitage cabinets are made of three successive thermal barriers. The internal walls have been upgraded to aluminum, and the exterior walls are reinforced at the corners by insulating sections, and injected with 4. 5cm high-density expanded foam to ensure optimal insulation.
Thermal Regulation: When the ambient temperature rises above the setpoint, a cold circuit, driven by a very slow cycle compressor mounted on silent-blocks, automatically comes into action. The cold circuit coil, made of aluminum, is within the aluminum back wall of the cabinet, for a better temperature distribution. When the amibient temperature drops below the setpoint, an electrical resistance, which is also within the back wall, will come into action and automatically increase the temperature.
Natural Ventilation: In order to avoid the mold phenomenon, which would generate bad odors and risk deteriorating the corks, the Transtherm Ermitage has natural permanent ventilation, based on the same principal as the thermal pump.
Absence of Vibration: Choosing slow and balanced compressors, as well as disassociating them from the cabinet's body, allows the elimination of all residual vibrations.
Thermal Pump: The thermal pump process, (a Transtherm exclusive), by reheating the condensation from the evaporator coils, recycles humid air in the cabinet and considerably increases the hygrometry value between 55% - 80%. This principle gives the cabinet natural ventilation and constant air circulation.
Electronic Temperature Control: Transtherm Ermitage cabinets are equipped with an electronic temperature regulation system that regulates the cold and hot circuits and maintains a maximum temperature variation of 2-3°F inside the wine cabinet.
Digital Display:All Transtherm cabinets are equipped with a temperature setting and control panel, featuring a LED display.
NUMBER OF SHELVES / SPECIFICATIONS
- Solid Beech Sliding Shelf Holds up to 12 Bottles each
- Solid Beech Adjustable Storage Shelf Holds up to 77 Bottles
- Total Bottle Capacity: 165 Bottles.
- Main compartment fully-shelved include 10 adjustable rolling shelves with 1/2 shelf on bottom
- Removable Sliding Shelves: ergonomic design offers easy access to all 12 bottles displayed.
- The shelves are made of solid beech wood. They are finished with an aqueous natural varnish which guards agaist humidity & increases resistance.
- The shelves are securely locked into position by 2 wooden pegs.
- Shelves with crevaces
- The bottles are held firmly in place.
- 3 temperature zones for storing red wine and chilling white wine and sparkling wine
- Electronic temperature regulation system maintains a maximum temperature variation of 2-3F inside the wine cabinet
- Integrated lighting control operates in multiple modes
- Multiple alarms include temperature and humidity alerts
- Heating element allows Castel wine cellars to operate in unconditioned locations from 32 to 95 degrees F
- Inner material has been upgraded from thermoformed polystyrene to aluminum
- New adjustable shelves can be adjusted to achieve the perfect height
- Silent operation measured at 37 dBA
- Removable door handle made from steel and aluminum (also reversible on glass doors)
- Premium high-density expanded foam insulation insulation is 4. 5cm thick
- Thermal pump (a Transtherm exclusive) recycles condensation and maintains humidity between 55% - 80%
- Natural ventilation avoids mold and bad odors
- Absence of vibrations through slow and balanced compressors that are disassociated from the cabinet's body
- Dimensions: 26 3/4" W x 26 3/4" D x 72" H
- Capacity: 165 Bottles on racks
- Weight 252 LBS
- Color / Finish Black or Tobacco
- Insulation: triple thermal
- One Door not reversible
- Available with Solid Door or Glass Door
- Standard: 1 Year Limited Warranty - Parts and Labor
- Standard: 5 Years - Limited Warranty - Compressor
- Extended Warranty available 1 yr to 3 yrs or 5 yrs (please inquire) $120.00 to $350
- Designed to supplement the manufacturer's standard warranty, our extended warranty increases coverage and enhances protection on your Transtherm wine cabinet, as follows: Increases the warranty period from 1 year to your choice of 3 years or 5 years from the date of purchase. Covers the cost of all parts and labor to repair or replace your unit during the warranty period
- Please note: The following conditions are not covered by our extended warranty:
Scratches, blemishes and other cosmetic damage caused during transit and/or normal wear-and-tear
- Damage caused by negligence, accident, or improper use
- Damage caused by improper maintenance, installation, service or repair
- Damage caused by environmental conditions like floods, fire or power spikes or surges
- Damage caused by severe temperature variations, direct sunlight, extremely dry conditions or great humidity changes
- The extended warranty is available exclusively to residential customers in the continental U.S. for use in non-commercial applications. The extended warranty is not transferable.
Protect your wine collection and keep your investment safe with our extended warranty coverage on your Transtherm wine cabinet.
- Type: Home cabinet
- No. of Temperatures: 3
- Capacity Room-Temperature: 13 bottles
- Ageing: 176 / 184 bottles
- Chilling: 11 /13 bottles
- Total: 183 / 230 bottles
- Temperatures, Room-Temperature: 57 / 64°F
- Ageing: 50 / 57°F
- Chilling: 43 / 46°F
- Full solid door (standard)
- Upgrade to glass door - Add $495
Shipping/Freight: depending on the location approx. $350 - $495 (subject to freight increase/decrease)
Select your Sales Tax from drop down menu (for unit only)
Sales Tax on options will be added separately as it depends on the option(s) selected